Brandon Fainstad, MD
Expert Review – Pending
- Apply a 5-step approach to the evaluation and management of acute cerebrovascular attack (CVA)
- Differentiate between CVAs eligible for systemic thrombolytics (e.g. tPA), endovascular therapy (EVT) or neither based on timing, clinical assessment and initial head imaging.
- Determine etiology of a CVA using targeted imaging.
- Based on the etiology of a CVA determine the appropriate short and long term secondary prophylaxis therapies.
Plan to spend at least 30-60 minutes preparing for this talk by using the Interactive Board for Learning/Preparing and clicking through the graphics animations to become familiar with the flow and content of the talk. This can be presented in two ways:
1. Project the “Interactive Board for Presentation”
2. Reproduce a drawing of the presentation on a whiteboard.
With either method, print out copies of the Learner’s Handout so learners can take notes as you expand on …..
Use for self-directed learning and for preparing to present
Take Home Points
- Coming soon…